Boyd Gaming CLERK GAMING REVENUE AUDIT in Biloxi, Mississippi
Complete daily gaming audits and record gaming revenue. Ensure gaming documents comply with company internal controls and state specific gaming regulatory requirements. Always strives to meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Team Work: Team player demonstrated by a willingness to work with the team to achieve common goals.
- Production: Proactive self-starter who gets things done, usually without being told or reminded.
- Innovative: Ability to utilize logic, imagination and context to create intelligent solutions.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Passionately engaged in learning by asking questions and actively seeking out answers.
- Commitment to Excellence: Demonstrates ongoing effort to improve products, services, or processes over time or all at once.
- Ethics: Demonstrates integrity and exercises discretion in handling confidential information.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates excellent guest service by building cooperative, helpful relationships with other departments in order to work most effectively.
Essential Duties and Functions
- All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Prepare and complete daily gaming audits and record gaming revenue.
- Review daily meter reports for unusual slot meter activity and make necessary meter adjustments in slot system.
- Examine gaming documents for compliance with company internal controls and state specific gaming regulatory requirements.
- Reconcile gaming documentation to system activity, investigate variances, and review system reports for unusual transactions or activity.
- Prepare Internal Control Exception Reports (ICERs) for non-compliance with internal controls and state regulations.
- Compile and maintain documentation to support audit.
- Performs all onsite gaming audit verifications required by regulation such as, but not limited to, progressive meter readings, currency counter testing, e-prom testing and cash count observations
- Collect, scan and index property documents that are needed by the financial shared service center in a timely manner (within the defined Service Level Agreement)
- Communicate problems or discrepancies to supervisor/management in a timely and efficient manner.
- Promote, develop and maintain effective communication, interaction, and excellent relationship with internal customers, including ensuring their requirements are identified and consistently met.
- To promote an effective relationship between the department and other departments to ensure effective operational processes.
- Perform all functions with the highest level of integrity.
- Observe and follow all safety procedures.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- High School diploma, required.
- Must have beginner level skills with Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook, basic office equipment, and 10-key.
- Ability to understand change management.
- Working knowledge of state specific regulatory requirements.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate ability to resolve all situations in a professional manner.
- Excellent customer service skills. Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Have initiative, strive for continuous improvement.
- Strong team player that has a direct approach and is solution oriented.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate and present in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Able to obtain/maintain any necessary certifications and/or licenses.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize based on urgency and work through high volume and stressful time periods.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- At least 1 year of casino gaming/audit experience and/or equivalent.
- Previous knowledge and experience with Boyd Gaming Corporation gaming and financial systems (ACSC, CMS, Lawson, DataMagine).
- Previous experience working in a similar casino resort or Financial Shared Services Center setting.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or equivalent.
Department: IP - Financial Accounting
Category: Accounting / Finance
Position Code: IPPCGRA00
Status: Full Time