Vectrus HVAC Supervisor in Biloxi, Mississippi
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Responsible to the Operations Manager for the safe, efficient and economical operation of all environmental control systems assigned. The supervisor will direct, control, and be responsible for the development and implementation of maintenance actions supporting all the industrial, commercial and environmental control systems. Works with engineers to develop long range replacement plans for the mechanical environmental control systems. Interacts with customers to obtain feedback and solicit improvements of HVAC systems in order to keep appraised of dynamic mission and customer requirements.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES
- Manages the workload, budgets and orders materials.
- Makes maintenance action decisions and enforce established policies.
- Manages the shop programs to include safety, PPE, LOTO, vehicles, tool control, refrigerant plan, facility security, hazardous communications, external coordination’s as it relates to HVAC equipment, etc.
- Creates minor repair contracts and assists engineering in developing repair contracts, reviews projects.
- Advises management on issues relating to mechanical systems.
- Conducts work safety briefings and be extremely knowledgeable of OSHA required training requirements.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
Air Force publications, Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC), technical manuals, computers, pressure gauges, meters, torch, pipe threaders, welders, ladders, and any device considered necessary to support industrial and commercial mechanical equipment repair and other trade equipment.
The working environment of the position description includes noisy, wet, high heat, elevated, underground confined spaces inherent with commercial and industrial mechanical equipment rooms and enclosures. Working conditions also include responding to assist employees outside of normal work hours.
Physical requirements include lifting, climbing, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required. In addition, visual acuity, hearing and speaking requirements would be considered as a mandatory requirement.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Associates Mechanical degree or applicable trade schools and field experience preferred.
- Possess “Universal” CFC/HCFC Refrigerant Handling Certification. Trade related training certifications will be considered.
- Valid State driver’s license required.
A minimum of 4 years within the HVAC and EMCS career field.
Does this position supervise others? Yes. Manages a workforce of 15-25 personnel.
Does this position have budget responsibilities? No
Organization: Keesler BOS
Title: HVAC Supervisor
Requisition ID: KEE000177
Clearance Level required at Start Date: SF85P
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.