Boyd Gaming SHIFT MANAGER HOUSEKEEPING in Biloxi, Mississippi
Assist in the day to day operation of the Housekeeping Department. Supervise, motivate, coach, train and develop Floor Supervisors, Room Attendants, Houseman, and Expediters. Ensures that all areas of the Hotel are cleaned and maintained to standards and meets guest expectations.
- Organize daily work assignments and assist with issuing keys and answering the phone.
- Attend morning pre-shift and be able to conduct pre-shift in the absence of Director/Assistant Director.
- Assist Floor Supervisor with morning break down of daily room quota.
- Analyze situations and independently decide on a plan of action.
- In-put room statuses, run departure reports, open and close housekeeping and complete daily set-up assignments.
- Perform daily inspection of guest rooms, linen closets, corridors, and stairwells.
- Coach Floor Supervisors and provide an inspection program that is consistently maintained.
- Follow and enforce all company policies and safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Previous housekeeping supervisory experience is required.
- Must be able to convey accurate information both orally and written.
- Must have an eye for detail and be able to determine cleaning and maintenance issues in rooms.
- Must become familar with various room types and room set-ups.
- Must be able to make rational decisions and assume responsibility for the outcome of the decision.
- Must meet attendance guidelines.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary licenses and certifications.
Department: IP - Housekeeping
Position Code: IPPSMHS01
Status: Full Time