Southern Company CCC Technology Analyst - Coastal Region in Gulfport, Mississippi
CCC Technology Analyst - Coastal Region
Technology Analyst - Coastal Region
JOB SUMMARY: The Customer Care Technology Analyst role – Coastal Region is responsible for coordinating and implementing technology strategies across Gulf Power and Mississippi Power Customer Care Centers. As customer and business needs converge toward an omni-channel experience, this role is key in both new development and enhancements in technology systems, applications and processes utilized by customers directly and employees serving customers. This role serves as the primary technology support resource for employees in both Care Centers. This role serves as the representative for both Gulf Power and Mississippi Power in system and cross-company technology teams.
This position will be filled as Exempt 2-5 depending upon the background and experience of the successful candidate. This position will require routine travel between both Customer Care Centers at Gulf Power and Mississippi Power and the successful candidate will be required to reside in one of these locations.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Four-year degree preferred in Computer or Data Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other applicable field of study
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills; Convey technical information in an easily understood manner
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; must analyze data independently
• Effectively manage simultaneous projects from beginning to end independently
• Strong Office product skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Make sound business decisions
• Availability for occasional extended work hours to meet project requirements
• 1-2 years’ experience managing technology projects is a plus
• Working knowledge of Call Center applications and technologies is a plus
• Call Center experience is a plus
• IVR experience is a plus
• Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Our Values
• Self-directed with strong initiative
• Takes ownership, develops solutions, and sees the solution through to completion
• Demonstrates good judgment and personal responsibility in all aspects of performance
• Consistently sets and maintains high performance standards
• Builds teamwork and trust
• Seeks continual growth and development
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead development and change to existing and new Care Center technology systems and applications
• Provide technical support and troubleshooting of all Care Center applications
• Provide project management support to include, but not limited to:
Call Center Systems and Applications, including IVR, phones and CTI
Call Center Performance Data Mart
Customer Service Knowledgebase
• Identify areas of enhancement for technology systems and applications that meet business goals and strategies
• Recommend processes that improve technology effectiveness
• Develop presentations and recommendations targeted to management audience
• Coordinate network changes and outages between IT and business users
• Develop test plans and perform testing of technology applications and systems
• Serve as Gulf Power and Mississippi Power’s business unit point of contact with SCS IT Support and the SOCO VRU Team.
• Ensure timely and regular communication of business needs to Gulf Power and MPC management.
Subject to Gulf Power tobacco policy: you must be free from all tobacco products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chew, snuff, patch and/or gum), at least six months prior to applying for this position.
Gulf Power Company is an investor-owned electric utility with all of its common stock owned by Atlanta-based Southern Company.
With 4.4 million customers and more than 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity, Atlanta-based Southern Company is the premier energy company serving the Southeast through its subsidiaries. A leading U.S. producer of clean, safe, reliable and affordable electricity, Southern Company owns electric utilities in four states and a growing competitive generation company, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for energy innovation, excellent customer service, high reliability and retail electric prices that are below the national average. Southern Company and its subsidiaries are leading the nation's nuclear renaissance through the construction of the first new nuclear units to be built in a generation of Americans and are demonstrating their commitment to energy innovation through the development of a state-of-the-art coal gasification plant. Southern Company has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer and listed by DiversityInc as a top company for Blacks. The company received the 2012 Edison Award from the Edison Electric Institute for its leadership in new nuclear development, was named Electric Light & Power magazine's Utility of the Year for 2012 and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at http://www.southerncompany.com/
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Florida-Pensacola Bay Area-Pensacola
Operating Company: Gulf Power Company
Other Locations: Mississippi-Coastal Area-Gulfport
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 50 % of the Time
Gulf Power Corporate Headquarters - One Energy Place (1PENSACOLA)
One Energy Place
MPC Operations Center (16006gulfport)
16006 Vick Road
Req ID: FPC2001467